Workshop by Umbrella Cancer Network (UCN) was held at Rangoonwala Community Centre, Karachi on 19th November, 2017. Highlights of the event are as follows:
- The breast cancer survivor, Ms Khadija Bakali has become a new hope for the community.
- She is the sister of very well known Real Estate Company owner, Mr Shafi Jakvani of Citi Associates.
- Diagnosis of Breast Cancer on early stages can make it approximately a 100% curable disease.
- A disease not only effects your physical but mental status as well. Especially breast cancer has an adverse effect on a woman’s life.
- Women needs to be get educated about this disease effectively at every level.
The Seminar was conducted by Ms Khadija Bakali herself, who is a victim of Breast Cancer twice.
- Currently she is a Facilitator of Living Well and working on early diagnosis & treatment of Breast Cancer.
- A number of women get died due to lack of awareness about this disease every year.
- In our society, it is considered an embarrassment to talk upon this issue.
- Family support is one of the essentials to get yourself out of this trauma.
- Women are needed to get aware about self examination methods.
- Bakali’s family was also the part of the event to support her.
Dilshad Abdul Nabi, Health Board Educator of Agha Khan Hospital said that around 40 thousand women get suffered from Breast Cancer every year. Their lives can be saved by timely diagnosis & treatment. UBL Medical Office Dr Imtiaz, Ms Masooda Ahmed from APWA and Khadija Bakali’s teacher Ms Rabia also addressed to the audience.